Applications for Spring 2020 Ignite NC Fellows Now Open
IGNITE NC FELLOWSHIPS:
This program invests in emerging young leaders by building their skills and analysis through ongoing trainings, coaching, and developing a state-wide cohort committed to building the youth & student movement. By increasing the capacity of young people to organize in their own name on issues that impact them, we will build and coordinate with other youth and students across the state. This program is designed to bring capacity to existing movements, incubate new projects, and foster collaborations.
The fellowship program will:
- Provide capacity to youth-led campaigns and initiatives through three-day intensive training and semester long organizing coaching
- Build campus infrastructure and statewide networks of young people
- Support in development of a work plan that brings awareness and capacity to existing movements while mobilizing local communities to engage in being change agents
- Provide tools and opportunities for continued leadership development
- Provide a stipend to all fellows who complete the program
To continue this application:
- Must live in North Carolina
- Must be between the ages of 18-30
- Must be committed to social justice
- Must be able to commit to at least, but not limited to, Fellowship Training (January 18th – 21st), Midpoint Convening (TBA), Fellowship Convening (April 12th – 14th), commit to 80 hours of fellowship work.
Women, LGBTQ folks, and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We believe in centering and elevating youth led leadership of the most marginalized among us. We believe that when we unite and organize we create change in our communities and throughout the state of North Carolina.
Fellowship term: January 18th, 2020 – April 14th, 2020